Information for Exchange Students
GWC has a partnership agreement with 23 universities* in 15 countries, which provides GWC students with opportunities to study abroad.
Students studying at a partner university will be exempt from tuition fees (excluding some partner universities). Credits earned at such partner universities are recognized as credits earned at GWC, which allows students to complete GWC programs in four years.
GWC also receives students from partner universities every year and has many international exchange programs.
*As of January 2019
If you are a student of one of our partner universities and wish to study at Gakushuin Women's College as an Exchange Student, you must contact the international office of your university. The guidelines and the application forms can be downloaded.
Deadlines for application are as follows:
Spring 2020 : 1 November, 2019
Fall 2020: 24 April, 2020
Application Guidelines for Admission of Fall 2020[PDF]
?GWC Application Form for Exchange Students for Fall 2020[Excel]
?Questionnaire on previous study of Japanese[Word]
?Application for Certificate of Eligibility[Excel]
?How to calculate GPA (grade point average)[PDF]
Partner Universities (As of January, 2020)
- University of Leeds (Leeds, U.K)
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest (Angers, France)
- University of Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany)
- Ludwig-Maximilian-University of Munich (Munich, Germany)
- Palacky University Olomouc (Olomouc, Czech Republic)
- University of Warsaw (Warsaw, Poland)
- University of Bucharest (Bucharest, Romania)
- Tallinn University (Tallinn, Estonia)
- Tsinghua University (Beijing, China)
- Sungshin University (Seoul, Korea)
- Ewha Womans University (Seoul, Korea)
- Shih Chien University (Taipei, Taiwan)
- Providence University (Taichung, Taiwan)
- National University of Kaohsiung (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
- National University of Laos (Vientiane, Laos)
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (Las Pinas, Philippines)
- The University of Melbourne (Melbourne, Australia)
- University of West Alabama (Livingstone, AL, U.S.A.)
- University of California, Davis (Davis, CA, U.S.A.)
- Bowling Green State University (Bowling Green, OH, U.S.A.)
- Missouri Southern State University (Joplin, MO, U.S.A.)
- University of Northern Britsh Columbia (Prince George, BC, Canada)
- University of Lethbridge (Lethbridge, AB, Canada)
Supporting various aspects of international student life, from the application process to adjusting to life in the exchange country or in Japan, the International Center provides a variety of services in close consultation with the Offices of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs.
Detailed information on scholarships and financial aid is available through the Center, which also provides assistance with housing and serves as a base for international students during their time at Gakushuin Women's College.
While offering such practical services to international students, the International Center also organizes a number of cultural activities, trips, and parties throughout the year, including trips to onsen (hot springs), kabuki, and welcoming parties for new students, in an effort to promote a sense of community among the students and encourage the building of friendships not only with each other, but with the larger student body as well.